Pan-Seared Chicken Quesadilla with Sizzling Guacamole Dip
The cheesy sizzling quesadilla is a Mexican recipe and commonly known as a type of taco. Famous as queso sandwich, the quesadilla is consist of lots of cheese, vegetables, spices and sometimes with corns, tomatoes and green herbs. Grilled on a griddle pan, quesadilla’s foremost recipe is tortilla which is especially used in the cuisines of Mexico and united states. However, a whole quesadilla is made with two tortillas that contain layers of cheese, chicken and vegetables. But you can make a quick quesadilla with one tortilla in the most comfortable way that filled with cheese, chicken and folded into a half moon shape. So, today we will make this quick version of quesadilla with one tortilla which will be served with killer guacamole dip, made of avocado, red onion, lemon, and some spices. You can make as many quesadillas as you want and save in the refrigerator to serve kids after some minutes in the microwave. So, let’s start the exciting recipe and write down thefuck all those co ingredients.
For Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 Chicken breast
- 2 Medium sized Onions sliced
- 2 Bell Pepper sliced
- Juice of one Lemon
- 4 Tortillas
- 2 cups Monterey Jack and Mozerrala cheese grated
- 2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp. Coriander Powder
- Half cup baby tomatoes
- Half cup boiled corns
- Chives for garnishing
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
For Guacamole Dip
- 2 ripped mashed Avocados
- Juice of one Lemon
- Half red onion finely chopped
- Two garlic cloves grated
- 1 large jalapeno without seeds
- 1 tsp. crushed cumin
- kosher salt
- Grounded black pepper
- 1 tbsp.olive oil
Preparing the chicken
- First of all, make the spice mix and take a big bowl.
- Add all spices including red chili powder, black pepper powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garlic powder and salt. Give them a nice mix.
- Add 1 tbsp.olive oil and squeezed 1 lemon in it and mix again.
- Take chicken breasts and cut them into half like slices.
- Place chicken slices in the spice bowl and coat them generously and let them marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a frying pan and add the marinated chicken.
- Seared the chicken thoroughly from both sides until it gets golden brown color.
- Remove it from the pan and let it cool and then chopped into small pieces.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and add sliced onions and bell pepper one by one.
- Saute the onions and bell pepper until becomes soft.
- Switch off the flame and keep the vegetables aside.
- Make the layers of quesadilla and start from chicken.
- Take 1 tortilla and spread the chicken on half side of it followed by sauteed bell papers and onions and layers of grated cheese mix.
- Garnish with some baby tomatoes, boiled corns, and chives.
- Place half of the tortilla on the top of the cheese layers to form a half-moon shaped quesadilla.
- Repeat the same filling procedure with remaining tortillas.
- Now heat oil for frying in a pan about 3 to 4 tbsp. and carefully place quesadilla.
- Fry both sides of quesadilla until getting golden brown spots and switch off the flame.
Preparing Guacamole Dip
- Take a big bowl and add mashed ripped avocados, chopped onion, lemon juice, chopped jalapeno, grated garlic, crushed cumin and mix well.
- Season with kosher salt and grounded black pepper and mashed thoroughly to make a killing guacamole spread.
- Transfer the quesadilla onto a serving plate, cut into big slices and garnish with some green herbs.
- Serve the delicious Chicken Quesadilla with sizzling guacamole dip and Enjoy!