Savory Green Mango Jelly Dusted with Sugar
This savory green mango jelly is a fun dessert. It has the perfect wobble, a lovely sweetness, a naturally yummy green mango flavor and a minty spicy essence!
The white powdered sugar dusting totally gets the mouths drooling and kids hyped to gulp down as many as possible.
How to Cook
This fancy looking savory green mango jelly is actually a simple recipe. The charred mango trick is a way to elevate the mango flavor.
Peeling the charred mangoes is the maximum effort needed in preparing this jelly recipe. Most of the remaining task is taken care of by the blender.
Prepare this savory green mango jelly on a Saturday night to make your family’s Sunday morning green and delicious.
- 3 Green sweet mango (medium sized)
- Peppermint leaves (1 cup)
- Coriander leaves (½ cup)
- 1 small green chili
- Cumin powder (½ teaspoon)
- Gelatin powder (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Water (500 ml)
Preparing the Green Sweet Mango Pulp
Start off by grilling the unpeeled green mangoes over low flame. Keep turning the mangoes around so that the skin gets charred on all sides.
Once done, remove from heat and let the mangoes cool down.
Peel off and discard the charred mango skin. Collect the soft pulp in a bowl and throw away the seed. Add half a cup of water and blend the mango pulp into a smooth paste.
Preparing the Green Chutney
For the chutney, put the peppermint leaves, coriander leaves, chili, salt and water in a blender.
Blend all the ingredients to form a green runny paste.
Making the Savory Green Mango Jelly
- In the smooth mango pulp paste, add the green chutney (3 tablespoons) and cumin powder.
- In another bowl, take half a cup of water. Add the gelatin powder. Mix together and let it rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a pot of water (400ml) over medium flame. Add the mango mixture (4 tablespoons) and sugar. Stir softly to mix them together. Taste and adjust the salt and sugar as per your preference.
- After 2-3 minutes when the mango liquid is slightly warm, turn off the flame.
- Add the gelatin mixture into the pot and mix well.
- Take 5 small glasses. Pour the mango liquid into the glasses and let it set in the fridge for 5 hours.
- Once the mango liquid has set, take the jelly out of the glasses and slice them into half-inch thick pieces. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Your savory green mango jelly dusted with sugar is ready!
- Grease the glasses with oil before pouring the mango liquid so that the mango jelly comes out smoothly without breaking.
- To remove the savory green mango jelly from the glass, carefully insert a knife in-between the jelly and glass. Then circle the knife around the entire jelly. Pull out the knife. Flip the jelly on a plate. Jerk the glass a little if the jelly doesn’t come out.